You must be thinking that I'm must be little mad to post up a Gelato recipe when just a few posts ago, I mentioned that autumn was officially here and it was getting chilly. Well, the crazy weather in the UK decided that it wanted to feel like summer for just a few more days so we had lovely sunshine last weekend and it was hot! high of 27 deg hot! Hence I took the opportunity to quickly make a 3 ingredient gelato I saw in one of Donny Hay's cooking show. Didn't really believe that it was possible but it was! Healthy, light and refreshing, perfect for summer!
However, before I move on to the recipe, i would like extend my heartfelt thanks to MJ of MJ's kitchen and Shannon of Just as delish for passing on to me the Versatile Blogger award! My very first award!!! As I'm still quite new to the world of blogging, I'm happy to know that there are others out there who enjoy my blog so thank you very much for thinking of me! :)
Be sure to pay these lovely ladies a visit on their blog for loads of very interesting recipes!
To receive this award, I'm to share 7 things about myself and to pass on this award to 15 other new bloggers. So here I go!
1) I'm a software engineer by profession. Not the most exciting of jobs but not only has it allowed me to work in Singapore, I've also had the chance to work in Shanghai, Beijing and now UK so for that I'm thankful.
2) I've always loved watching cooking shows since I was quite young but it's only since I moved to the UK that I've started to enjoy cooking/baking.
3) I think that i'm quite adventurous when it comes to food and even when someone tells me that something tastes bad, I'll still have to try it and decide for myself whether I like it or not. Of course, I draw a line for certain stuff like eating dogs etc. That's a big no no!!!
4) I'm always try to look out for a funny side to things especially when I'm in a 'not so nice' kinda situation. Good to make the most of a situation isn't it?
5) My motto is 'Don't worry, be happy!!' :)
6) I use to drink up to 4 cups of coffee a day but now, I'm done to 1 or 2 cups a week! so for those who are trying to cut down..... believe me It can be done!
7) Once we've decided on a holiday destination, the very 1st thing I'll do is to do research on restaurants to visit before moving on to the attractions of the place. :P
I haven't yet found 15 new bloggers to pass the award to but the following are pretty new I hope and are some of the blogs I love visiting. Please pay them a visit too!
1) Jenelle of One Apron
2) Chandler of Sweet Cupcaker
3) Shannon of Just as delish (Shannon was already on my list before I received the award from her so I shall still include her)
4) Ha Nguyen of No Butter
5) Kelly of Inspired Edibles
7) Amanda of Scattered Cook
8) Suzi of Cooking's good
9) Ruth of Bread and Milk and Blackberries
So without further ado, here's the recipe. :)
Taken from Donna Hay: Fast, fresh and simple
2 bananas, peeled and chopped
3 mangos, peeled and chopped
280g thick natural or vanilla yogurt
1) Place banana and mango in a sealed container. Freeze for 4-5 hours or until frozen.
2) Place frozen fruit and yogurt in a blender or fruit processor and blend until smooth.
3) Serve immediately or place in a sealed container and freeze. After freezing, allow to soften for 5 mins before serving.